PTA needs volunteers
If you are interested, even just a little, follow this link: bit.ly/phillipsvolunteers
- Fun Run Committee – This year’s main fundraiser is an obstacle course to raise money for the school. Funds raised in previous years have paid for the playground cover, computers, school supplies, Gaga ball pit, and much much more. Volunteers help with set up the day before and morning of the event, help the week leading up the event stuffing bags, etc.
- Book Fair – Sept 13-21 and Feb 22-March 1; Volunteers set up book displays, decorate, stock inventory, help our kids write books they want, take orders and assist parents during shopping days, help pack up after book fair ends.
- Room Parent – Volunteer to be a room parent for 1 class room for the school year. You can plan parties with other grade level room parents, decorate room door for holiday/learning themes, assist teacher with projects, and volunteer at class/grade events, if available.
- Multicultural Night (Sept. 20) – Volunteers help with setup, sign up to bring a potluck dish, perform for the school.
- Hospitality – Volunteer to help the Hospitality Chair with coordinating and conducting monthly staff luncheons, as well as Teacher Appreciation Week in May.
- WatchDOGS (Dads Of Great Students) — Fathers, grandfathers, uncles and other father-figures volunteer at least one full day during the school year. You may read and work on learning with students, play at recess, eat lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow, and any other assigned activities. Go to phillipswatchdogs.com for more.
- Environmental – volunteers help hand out stickers and swag for the kids that walk to school on October 10 and May 8, help kick off cafeteria recycling the first few weeks of school at lunchtime, help build and maintain our new Phillips garden.
- Healthy Lifestyle – volunteers help with fitness night set up and helping with sample days in the cafeteria for “eating around the rainbow.”
- Spirit Wear – volunteers help the Spirit Wear Chair sell and distribute Phillips T-shirts and spirit wear at designated Phillips events.
- Birthday Bakers – Choose a teacher or staff member’s birthday and bring a cake or sweet treat.
- PAL (Parent At Lunch) – volunteers help students during kindergarten or 1st grade lunch (10:30 and 11:00) to open packaged items/drinks, hand out napkins and forks, etc.
- Mentor – Sign up to be a mentor for a student during the school year. Meetings are once a week for 20 – 30 minutes to help with reading, math, writing, etc. Teachers provide materials to help enrich the student’s education for the year.
- Home/work room projects – Help out a teacher by completing requested projects (such as cutting, collating, or stapling) at home or in the teacher workroom.
- Field Day – This annual school-wide event is held outdoors in May. Parents can help with set up, assist classes at their stations, pass out water, assist with water balloons, and help with clean-up.
- Library Volunteers – Volunteers help restock books, check out books, and read to students.
- Open Board Position – Website – The Phillips PTA Board currently has open board positions for the 2018-2019 school year. This chair position is responsible for updating the website calendars, posts, and pages.
- Open Board Position – Programs – The Phillips PTA Board currently has open board positions for the 2018-2019 school year. This chair position is responsible for coordinating with Phillips staff to book assemblies, help with preparation in advance of each assembly, and be present the day of the assembly to assist with logistics.
- Open Board Position – Volunteer Coordinator – The Phillips PTA Board currently has open board positions for the 2018-2019 school year. This chair position is responsible for recruiting, compiling, and maintaining a list of volunteers for the school and PTA and coordinating volunteers for PTA functions and as needed by the school.
If you are interested (and we hope you are!), please click HERE so we can connect you with the right person!
The Volunteer Handbook can be found at: http://www.phillipspta.org/volunteer/volunteer-commitment/